Monday, March 9, 2009

Human Relationships

I feel that human relationships have something valuable than what we have used to believe. Everything is about creating and maintaining relationships. Its not only outward but inward too. If we can maintain a good relationship with ourselves, it would help to add little fragrance to relationships with others too.

Recently I got a chance to look deeper in human relationships. I was shocked to see how I was affected by a small change in a close relationship. I am a person believing on different relationships which may have lot of overlapping in general terms(friend, sister,brother, student, colleague, companion,son, ..threewheeler driver, lecturer,office assistant, CEO, simply a human being just like me )therefore I am lucky to have close connections with different sort of people in harmony.

We do relate to people in different manner at different levels but wonder whether we have time to pay attention to tiny strings that weave different bonds even without our knowledge.
Of course I was not let down by my partner;This is something different and this different helps me to dig deep inside our emotional world.We were no longer resonate in same frequency and the music was faded and only dull sound lasts. Then only I realized how much a relationship would have meant to me.

The best part of this incident is the insight it gave to me. I did my best to understand "WHY" it has disturbed me? How our emotions work ? How do people become close to each other?What maintains a good relationship? Why do we get hurt when people move away? ( feeling of let down,worthlessness,loss of sharing,+...).I came across even interesting articles about different relationship models experts have developed and it helped me to learn that there are people really worrying about these "minor" things and taking them seriously. I am not alone.

I feel we are used to the word "think" too much and its like there is nothing called " I feel" , "I sense" exits anymore. I know that people have difficulty in expressing their feelings.But do they know they have feelings in the first place ? or in the hectic digital life of modern era does "100% logical reasoning +0% emotions" is the recipe? It is always better to increase the awareness of our inner world, our emotional world even though we do not want to share them with others. The self-awareness would help to increase the bond with ourselves. Once we know ourselves, be-friend with our emotions , it is easy to reflect the same towards the outside world also. After all , many are willing to live in community not in isolation. Our close links may be with single digit circle of close human beings. More we can let the other person to be himself,more closer will be our relationship.But how can we let another person to be himself when we do not know to be ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other side of me

Sri Lanka
I am a person with varied interests from technical stuff, writings,teaching,emotional aspects to community well being.The way I brought up, my childhood full of love and caring and and life long friends are the best part of my world. I am not aimed at changing the world, but making it better.This blog is my on-line space to express my emotions and feelings, simply the "other -side- of me". Technical matters are covered in my technical blog whenever possible.