Monday, October 12, 2009

How small am I?

One evening last month , got a chance to spent some hours by the beach . It was just before the full moon poya day. The moon light on the waves gave a magnificent glory .The silver shadows moved up and down with the waves . The mother nature was blessing the sea with no greediness.

The mere emptiness of the sea and the sky stretched far away made my heart lighter in few minutes. How small am I; How small am I compare to this massive world; I questioned myself. May be not larger than a tiny stone in the beach.

The place was only an one hour drive from my home. However the last visit happened more than several years back. Were I that much busy ? How much of real life we are missing in our so called busy lives ?

"Where is the life we have lost in living? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?"
T. S. Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other side of me

Sri Lanka
I am a person with varied interests from technical stuff, writings,teaching,emotional aspects to community well being.The way I brought up, my childhood full of love and caring and and life long friends are the best part of my world. I am not aimed at changing the world, but making it better.This blog is my on-line space to express my emotions and feelings, simply the "other -side- of me". Technical matters are covered in my technical blog whenever possible.